4.30.2014

Ombré Nail Tutorial

Ombré is a very cute and stylish trend. I recently found an amazing (and easy) way to paint this on your nails! Follow these simple and easy steps to achieve this amazing nail look!

Start off with clean nails. You don't want to have left over nail polish on your gorgeous new nails!


For the base, paint your nails white. The colors will show up much better, and it doesn't have to be neat at all, it just has to cover your whole nail.


Choose your colors. Paint them onto a makeup sponge (they are very cheap). I find that painting the darker color first makes the lighter colors turn out more vibrant. Also, be sure to overlap the lighter color(s) with the darker ones. You may have to repeat this step 4-7 times.

 
Apply top coat. Do not wait for your nails to completely dry! The top coat acts as a blender and makes the colors more "ombré-ish."


Here is the finished look! Clean up any nail polish on your skin with a q-tip and nail polish remover. If you wanted, you could paint palm trees with black nail polish as a silhouette or anything that you like.

I hope this nail polish tutorial helped you! These nails are also great for the summer time, and the colors I chose remind me of the sunset. Make sure to stay tuned for my next blog!

I hoped you NAILed it! ---Emily: The Girly Girl Department <3

No comments:

Post a Comment